Access to legal advice used to be the preserve of the wealthy. However, in recent years our Society has become increasingly litigious, where people often find themselves obliged to use the services of a lawyer.
Any legal dispute can be difficult to resolve, and to have access to practical professional advice is essential - taken in time it can often resolve a problem and prevent it from going any further. If indeed a problem needs to go to law, expensive legal costs will accrue not only if the case is lost but often in successful cases too.
These problems can be greater in a foreign country as the way the legal system works can be very different to what we are used to - for this reason, we recommend buying legal defence cover.
Legal defence insurance is appropriate for everyone. It is crafted to resolve legal issues that might arise which require expert help: from labour law defence, family law, consumer defence, with legal advice over the telephone available permanently.
This kind of insurance provides legal protection whether for individuals, drivers or owners of a home or sailing vessel, whether as a group, for families, companies or residents’ associations.
We can offer the following types of legal defence, that can be taken out as an add-on to the main policy, or on their own:
- Family Legal Defence
- Legal Defence for property owners and protection of rentals
- Legal Defence for Communities / Residents’ Associations
- Maritime Legal Defence
Coverage in our Family Legal Defence insurance:
- Legal assistance over the telephone
- Review and writing of documents and contracts
- Online legal services
- Extracontractual claims for bodily injuries, physical attacks, material losses.
- Supplementary criminal and civil defence; penal plus assistance to the detained party and bail: civil defence
- Home: main and secondary
- Consumption: purchase/deposit contracts, service contracts, supply contracts; insurance contracts
- Work: individual work conflicts, penal defence plus assistance to the detained party and bail, personal injury claims plus medical assessment, claims for welfare provision; claims for pension-associated rights.
- Administrative and fiscal protection.
- Outlays arising from separation or divorce: reimbursement of legal expenses, help with alimony payments.
Premiums start at € 145.
Our Legal Defence and rental income protection product covers:
- Defence and claims on rental contract
- Defence of other insurance
- Defence of criminal liability
- Claims for damages of a non-contractual origin
- Claim in service contracts for repair or maintenance of facilities
- Defence of housing-related rights
- Legal assistance over the telephone
- Non-payment of rent: payment of rent provision and payment of supply provision
- Loss of rental income due to fire
- Vandalism to buildings and contents
The minimum premium to protect rental income of €300 pcm is €196.06 per annum.
Complementary Legal Defence for residents’ associations policy will ensure greater peace of mind, with coverage designed to cover the most common incidents.
Basic guarantee, providing Legal Defence on issues relating to:
- The property itself.
- Contracts with suppliers/service companies.
- Disputes with insurance companies.
- Claims for unpaid Community fees.
- Legal assistance for labour issues.
- Legal assistance with the local authorities.
Marine Legal Protection meets the demands and needs of pleasure craft owners and their passengers who:
- Require legal advice and assistance to recover losses that will not be covered under their own marine insurance policy.
- Are seeking legal advice and assistance to defend a prosecution in connection with the use or ownership of a boat.
- Require access to legal advice and representation to protect their legal rights if they have a dispute over buying, selling or maintaining their boat.
Furthermore, we include additional coverage such as:
- Criminal defence
- Assistance for the detained party and bail
- Claims for damages
- Advancing funds for compensation
- Defence of civil liability
When you take out insurance, and afterwards, various factors play a part: one is the product; the other is the service. At Op de Beeck & Worth insurance brokers we have agreements with major insurers and have worked with them to create very comprehensive policies. As far as service is concerned, we are your advisors, here to help you and represent you with these companies, both when you are taking out the policy and if there is a claim. What is more, we speak seven languages, so we will be able to understand the specifics of your situation without barriers.
We help you with your insurance
We will be happy to help you protect everything you need in your company.
Contact us for a personalised study.
What our customers say
Thank you for the excellent service.
A friend recommended your company to me years ago and I'm glad I listened to her advice. I have worked with quite a few companies and have rarely had a claim. However, compared to other insurance policies I have occasionally had a claim with (car, dog, ...), your service is top notch: personal service, immediate response, competence and a real personal and individual way you treat your clients.
Thank you very much
The response I received has been very professional, personalised, friendly and close at all times. I have been able to contract a product and service that perfectly suits my needs, when I was faced with several interesting proposals. A success.
All the team members I have dealt with have been professional, patient, polite and friendly. They have dealt with several difficult situations for me and have gone above and beyond to help me. Their advice and judgements have been sound and reliable, so I have always felt safe knowing that I was being well looked after. As an expatriate who does not speak Spanish, life in Spain would be much more difficult without the support of this company.
There is no doubt in my mind that I would recommend Op de Beeck & Worth for a much needed peace of mind.